This course begins June 3rd. Enroll now and save! Once slots are filled, no more enrollments will be taken!
Step into the world of web development with IT Masters. During this mini-bootcamp, students will explore the building blocks of the web — HTML and CSS — and learn how to apply these programming languages to develop their own simple sites.
By the end of the course, students will be able to answer the following questions:
- What is the purpose of coding?
- How is computer logic applied to coding?
- What’s the difference between front-end and back-end?
- What are the basics of essential coding languages HTML and CSS?
Day 1: Introduction - What is Web Development?
Day 2: Basics of HTML
Day 3: Basics of CSS
Day 4: Building a Web Page
Day 5: Review/Assessment
Course duration: 6 pm CST -8 pm CST M-F
- A computer is required for this course
- Create a Popcode account
- Basic technical aptitude and orientation to computers
- Curiosity to learn new tools
Hi, I’m Stephanie!
After being adopted by Chicago for 14 years, Stephanie hit 'RESET' and returned to her hometown of Detroit in 2015 to reboot her writing ambitions into a tech career. This bold move has since yielded a foray into Computer Science education and working on staff with nationally recognized STEM education programs like SMASH and tech diversity organizations like Black Girls Code.